A couple of times a week, there is a homeless woman who comes into work. She is always dressed in a winter coat – even in August. She carries a few reusable bags that appear to be filled with nothing but plastic grocery bags. I assume that whatever is in those bags is everything that she owns.
She never speaks. She takes the key to the women’s room and usually spends about 15 minutes in there. While I don’t know for sure, I have to think she is using the sink in the bathroom to give herself a bath.
I live in the neighborhood and see her walking around regularly. In the heat of summer and in the cold of winter. She looks to be in her 70’s and I’m always a little amazed when I see her as I keep thinking the harshness of her life would have resulted in her death long ago.
I have no idea where she spends her nights. I hope she finds a bed in shelter but I have no idea if she does so or not. I don’t expect anyone who sees her walking down the street knows any more about her than I do.
Because she doesn’t talk to anyone (as far as I can tell), what anyone can know about her is limited. Does she have family? Is she suffering from a mental illness (probably)? Who was she and what did she do before her life landed her on the street carrying a couple of bags ? Does anyone know the story of her life?
- I support @FearlessComedy because I believe in their mission to support emerging theater artists and help them grow… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 months ago
- Another round of @mnfringe reviews! Great work (again) by @JoshDCarson and also learned which middle name of Philip… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 12 months ago
- Day seven of my @mnfringe reviews! I saw stuff! I...didn't like most of it! Such is life! wp.me/pA1qv-27D 12 months ago
- Reviews from last night at the @mnfringe! I only saw one show last night and I loved it. So lucky me! wp.me/pA1qv-27n 12 months ago
- Reviews from day five at the @mnfringe! Mostly random choices resulted in some good and some that I think could be… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 12 months ago