In the wake of a tragedy like the school shooting in Connecticut last week, Mike Huckabee decided the best way to deal with it was to be an insensitive prick. Rather that recognizing that what happened was a random act of violence by a clearly deranged individual, Huckabee decided that all of this could have been avoided if people could only pray in schools.
I get that Huckabee is a religious man but in this particular case, he’s trying to come up with a reason that has absolutely no relationship to the tragedy at hand.
The secondary implication, mind you, is that if we were praying in schools, god wouldn’t let this shit happen. God just sits back and watches because we won’t let Christians pray on school property. As soon as prayer can happen on school grounds, god will strike down the gunmen before they can kill a bunch of innocent children.
Oh but wait! Prayer is allowed on school grounds! It is public prayer that isn’t permitted! So not only is Huckabee a dick, he’s lying.
Huckabee isn’t alone in this either. Bryan Fischer says God didn’t protect those kids because “god won’t go where he’s not wanted.” Eric Hovind also tweeted that the entire affair was probably because the shooter grew up in a school without god.
I don’t want to sugar coat this or these fucks might get the wrong idea. What they are saying is tone-deaf insensitive grandstanding and if we lived in a just universe (we don’t), they would never be allowed to speak into a microphone again.
- I support @FearlessComedy because I believe in their mission to support emerging theater artists and help them grow… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 years ago
- Another round of @mnfringe reviews! Great work (again) by @JoshDCarson and also learned which middle name of Philip… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 years ago
- Day seven of my @mnfringe reviews! I saw stuff! I...didn't like most of it! Such is life! wp.me/pA1qv-27D 3 years ago
- Reviews from last night at the @mnfringe! I only saw one show last night and I loved it. So lucky me! wp.me/pA1qv-27n 3 years ago
- Reviews from day five at the @mnfringe! Mostly random choices resulted in some good and some that I think could be… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 years ago