This is pretty old and I just happened to click-through because I wanted to know if the question really proved I’m crazy.
Basically, his hilarious question is “why are atheists offended by ‘under god’ in the pledge of allegiance if they don’t believe in god?”
HA! You got me there, buddy! Forcing my kids to acknowledge a god they don’t believe in is totally OK. Having a problem with that is completely insane!!!
Let me ask you, though, how you would feel if we changed the word “God” to “Allah?” Or Shiva? Would that be OK with you? Or would you be upset because you were expected to say that our country was under a god you didn’t believe in?
The issue has nothing to do with the existence of god and everything to do with the idea that nobody’s god should be held higher than any other god in the eyes of the state.
So anyway, I don’t think the question proved I’m crazy. You can’t prove a negative, however, so it’s impossible to prove that I’m not crazy.
- I support @FearlessComedy because I believe in their mission to support emerging theater artists and help them grow… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 years ago
- Another round of @mnfringe reviews! Great work (again) by @JoshDCarson and also learned which middle name of Philip… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 years ago
- Day seven of my @mnfringe reviews! I saw stuff! I...didn't like most of it! Such is life! wp.me/pA1qv-27D 3 years ago
- Reviews from last night at the @mnfringe! I only saw one show last night and I loved it. So lucky me! wp.me/pA1qv-27n 3 years ago
- Reviews from day five at the @mnfringe! Mostly random choices resulted in some good and some that I think could be… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 years ago